Customer Satisfaction Survey
Frequently Asked Questions
Will you help me design the customer satisfaction questionnaire?
We start by identifying the objectives of your customer satisfaction survey and look at the specific information that you require. We then build the customer satisfaction survey questionnaire based on the information that you “need” and avoid as much as possible information that you would “like” to know. This ensures that the customer satisfaction survey questionnaire is not biased in its design and that it is as short as possible therefore reducing questionnaire fatigue which results in a respondent just giving up.
Questionnaire design is a crucial element to a successful customer satisfaction survey.
Should we offer incentives to participants of customer satisfaction surveys?
In our experience offering an incentive to respondents of customer satisfaction surveys is highly recommended. In nearly all cases an appropriate incentive will increase customer satisfaction survey response rates sometimes even when the incentive is relatively small. The impact upon customer satisfaction survey response rates can be very significant and it is important to identify an incentive that will have a broad appeal.
What time of year is best to run a customer satisfaction survey?
We generally advise our business to business customer satisfaction survey clients to avoid certain times of the year. These would usually be August and December as standard although other time may apply according to the sector. For instance we know that accountants hate to be bothered during busy tax return periods!
Can I be kept informed of customer satisfaction survey results as they come in?
Our customer satisfaction survey results can be made available to our clients on a live basis via a web interface should this be required. For many of our customer satisfaction survey clients this service is very popular and ensures that there are not too many surprises in the final report.
How many questions should a customer satisfaction survey include?
As a rough rule of thumb we recommend keeping the length of customer satisfaction survey questionnaires to 20 – 25 questions. Most questionnaire would however usually contain a variety of different question formats and therefore it is important to also consider questionnaire length in terms of time. We would recommend keeping customer satisfaction survey completion times to about 5 minutes.
Customer Satisfaction Survey Links
Background Sure Start Hyndburn Children’s Centres offer services, information and advice to families with children aged under five years old,…
Background Baker Tilly is a leading independent firm of accountants and business advisers that specialises in providing an integrated range…
Background Land Rover Monthly magazine is a publication for Land Rover specialists. Land Rover Monthly holds a yearly weekend, 3…
- We have been so impressed with the standard of work delivered by Mackman. They are lovely people who are committed to offering a quality service, and we have found them to be responsive, informed, thorough and personable. The final presentation of results was incredibly well put together, delivered with clarity, and gave us more insight than we had hoped for. We have immediately instructed them to carry out further work for us as it is not often that services exceed your expectations.Recruitment Agency
- It was a great piece of work which confirms feelings we have had about the business and this data is invaluable in substantiating this information. This evidence will help EOS improve and make precise business decisions for the future.Electrical Oil Services Ltd (EOS)
- We try very hard to communicate well with our customers and the information we have gathered from the survey will be invaluable in helping us to refine the way we work. In particular we have really key information to enable us to promote and assist with digital inclusion. We also now have information that will help us to communicate differently according to customer preferences.Greenfields Community Housing
- Eastern Inshore Fisheries and Conservation Authority contacted Mackman with a brief to carry out an awareness campaign. Immediately, we felt that they understood the requirements of the research and they took reasonable time to consider a sound and practical methodology to meet the demands of the project. The research team were easy to talk to, enthusiastic and worked hard to bring the project in on time and to a tight timescale and budget. We were impressed by the final report showing comprehensible results and recommendations. An additional presentation which we requested covered everything we defined in a concise and practical solution. This report is a valuable study: The results have given our organisation a benchmark for future engagement with our key stakeholders, helping Eastern IFCA continue to make an impact on the work we do to sustainably manage inshore fisheries in Lincolnshire, Norfolk and Suffolk. We are looking forward to making the most of the research, to create and deliver a targeted engagement activity programme. I have no hesitation in recommending Mackman; their work is of an extremely high standard and they are a pleasure to work with.Eastern Inshore Fisheries and Conservation Authority
- After meetings with various companies regarding a customer and an employee satisfaction survey, Mackman were chosen. In our initial meetings they showed that they understood our business and what we were trying to achieve. As a company we had never outsourced our customer and employee satisfaction surveys before, or linked the two and wanted to ensure we got it right. We felt confident that Mackman would help us achieve this. I also liked the thought of working with a local company. I felt it would be more cost effective and liked the idea of having a company close to hand in case of any issues. I would not hesitate to work with Mackman again. The staff are friendly and approachable and took the time to understand what we are trying to achieve. They always kept me updated on progress; they are enthusiastic, knowledgeable, have a ‘can-do’ approach and never missed any deadlines set.Specflue
- I found the entire team at Mackman to be driven to achieving the best result for Baker Tilly. I valued their persistence to get the job done. They communicated regularly with me and kept me informed about milestones and possible delays to the project well in advance so I could take appropriate action and ensure the project was kept to schedule. The final report of the results was presented in a clear and easy to understand report. The report is invaluable to us as we use it to determine our marketing approach and plan our business development campaigns for this audience. From the report, we have been successful in gaining many PR opportunities (including front page coverage with the Financial Times). I'd be more than happy to recommend the Mackman Group.Baker Tilly London